Is your family coming with you to Orientation? Tell them to check out the Parent & Family Social, Tuesday in the Bobcat Stadium (more info on the schedule’s you’ll receive). Fraternity & Sorority members will be there ready to chat and answer any questions they may have!
Are you coming to orientation this summer? If so, look at your schedule when you receive it, and find us on these days/times:
Monday, 11:30-Midnight: Have some cookies and milk and ask us all your burning questions!
Tuesday, 6:30-7pm: Head over to our information session, where fraternity and sorority members will tell you a bit about Fraternity/Sorority Life and answer all your questions!
Wednesday, 9-11am: Before or after you register, come find our table at the information fair!
We’re looking forward to seeing you!
When Bobcat Fest put out word that they were looking for volunteers, Fraternity and Sorority members responded. Instead of attending this fun event put on for the graduating seniors, they opted to help make it run smoothly in whatever spots they were needed. Thank you to the members of AGR, Chi Omega, Sigma Chi, Pi Beta Phi, and Sigma Nu who helped make the Bobcat Fest a success!
The Fraternity and Sorority Community ended the year by highlighting the many accomplishments of the chapters and individuals in our community at our annual awards banquet. Many notable Montana State University faculty, staff, advisors and alumni attended to celebrate with the fraternities and sororities and to announce the awards. Dr. Will Keim was the guest speaker, and he kept the audience engaged with his speech on the ten keys to success. We were incredibly fortunate to have him as our speaker!
- Member and New Member Academic Achievement Award: Alpha Omicron Pi and Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Fraternity Intramural Award: Sigma Nu
- Sorority Philanthropy Award: Alpha Omicron Pi
- Fraternity Philanthropy Award: Alpha Gamma Rho
- Sorority Community Service Award: Pi Beta Phi
- Fraternity Community Service Award: Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Sorority Campus Involvement Award: Chi Omega
- Fraternity Campus Involvement Award: Sigma Chi
- Sorority Recruitment Excellence Award: Chi Omega
- Fraternity Recruitment Excellence Award: Kappa Sigma
- Sorority New Member of the Year: Heather Wise from Chi Omega
- Fraternity New Member of the Year: Ryan Schwab from Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Sorority Member of the Year: Kierstyn Tuel from Chi Omega
- Fraternity Member of the Year: Jake Losinski from Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Outstanding Fraternity Advisor Award: Dr. Brian Kassar, Advisor for Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Outstanding Sorority Advisor Award: Rachel Randash, Advisor for Chi Omega
- Alumni Excellence Awards: Loren Katzenberger, alumni of Pi Kappa Alpha; Dr. Wynde Cheek Ford, alumni of Chi Omega; Bruce Zignego, alumni of Sigma Phi Epsilon; Jodi Peretti, alumni of Chi Omega, Aaron Iverson, alumni of Alpha Gamma Rho
And, finally, the chapters of the year are:
- Sorority Chapter of the Year: Alpha Omicron Pi
- Fraternity Chapter of the Year: Sigma Phi Epsilon
Congratulations to the Fraternity and Sorority Community for a fantastic 2013 year. We look forward to continuing to strive for excellence for the 2014 year!
This past Tuesday was a fireside for the sororities only on Women’s Health, hosted at Chi Omega. A small group of women attended, and were able to ask questions regarding women’s health to a licensed staff member of the student health service on campus. Once everyone got all their questions out, the sorority women played a little condom bingo to test their knowledge. It was fun, and is always one of our most interesting firesides- we look forward to doing it again next year!
Greek week has come and gone, and it was a blast. If you don’t know what “Greek Week” is, it is a week where the Fraternities and Sororities compete for the title of Greek Week champions. I don’t know that the results are in yet, but fun was had by all. Check out the pictures below to see the Greek Week events (photos courtesy of Chi Omega and Kyra Morrissey):
- Tuesday: Snacks in front of Montana Hall
- Wednesday: MESSY TWISTER
- Thursday: Faculty Appreciation Day and Capture the Flag
- Friday: Chariot Races and an end of the week BBQ
Chi Omega pulled off their annual philanthropy event, Swishes for Wishes, which benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Check out the pictures below to see the Chi Omega’s at the event (left) and the winning teams from each bracket (right).
Pi Kappa Alpha had their second annual Cycle for Life, an event at the gym where individuals can cycle for an hour or more and donate money to blood cancer research in the process. The men of Pike are still counting up the total, but are proud to say it was a huge success overall! Lots of participation and donations from the Fraternity and Sorority as well as campus community. What a great cause!
Check out what else Pike is up to on their page
A few of the Fraternities and Sororities are in full gear this time of the semester preparing for their various philanthropies. Check ‘em out:
- Pi Beta Phi Burgers for Benefits: Fuddruckers, April 5th, 6-8pm, raising money for the Pi Beta Phi Friendship Fund. Buy some burgers, play some games, have some fun.
- Pi Kappa Alpha Cycle for Life: Raise money while working out for Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Melanoma cancer research. Friday, March 28th, 11am-5pm
- Chi Omega Swishes for Wishes: Engage in some friendly competition and fun at the 3v3 basketball tournament, to raise money for Make-A-Wish Montana. Sunday, March 30th!
- Word on the street is that Kappa Sigma has something in the works as well- more details to come!
Alpha Omicron Pi had their annual public relations dinner this past week. Fancy!