Recruitment week was the first week of school, starting on August 25th with an information session and ending on the 29th with a fun Bid Day! Want to know what went on during and in between those times? Look no further, we will break it down for you!
Monday, August 25th, 4-6pm: Orientation
- The prospective sorority women met with the panhellenic officers and recruitment counselors to get all the info on what could be expected for the week. They got information on each of the houses, the costs, and the schedule, and had the chance to ask any questions they may have. At 6, they headed over to convocation to listen to the amazing Shiza Shahid talk (which all the fraternities and sororities attended as well)
Tuesday, August 26th, 5-8:50: House Tours
- The prospective sorority women broke up into four groups and spent time at all four houses, getting to know the women as they were given tours of each house and information about what it is really like to live in a sorority. At the end of the night, they headed back to the SUB and ranked which houses they felt most eager to return to.
Wednesday, August 27th, 5-7:50: Philanthropy and Sisterhood Night
- The prospective sorority women broke into groups and each woman went back to a maximum of three houses (based off of their rankings from the previous night). At the houses they returned to, they were introduced to more women in the chapter and learned about two things we hold near to our hearts: our philanthropies and our sisterhoods. At the end of the night, they returned to the SUB to again rank which houses they felt most “at home” with
Thursday, August 28th, 5-7:40: Preference night
- Each prospective woman returned to a maximum of two houses for the final night of recruitment week. At each house, the settings were much more intimate as it is the last chance for the prospective women and sorority women to get to know each other and make a decision about whether the chapter was the right place for them. After leaving, the prospective women did their final ranking and went to bed waiting excitedly for the next day…
Friday, August 29th, 5:30pm: BID DAY!!
- Throughout the day, the prospective sorority women went to the SUB to pick up their “bids”, or invitation join a chapter house. If they accepted their invitation, they received a special bid day t-shirt from the house they chose, which they had to hide until the actual event at 5:30. When the event time came, the sorority women met up on campus, singing songs and cheering as they waited to discover who their new members would be (it’s a suprise!). The new members were called one by one to com to the middle of the area and reveal the t-shirt they were wearing under their jacket. This is by far the most fun day of recruitment week and everyone’s favorite! So much excitement and happiness in the air as each chapter welcomes all their new members!