2015 is off to a strong start for Sorority & Fraternity Life after the annual Leadership Retreat on Tuesday, January 13th. Presidents from each chapter came together with leaders from IFC and Panhellenic from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm to gain skills and knowledge regarding leadership and engage in discussion about their goals for this year. The schedule was as follows:
- 9:00-10:00: Introductions and opening session by: Jaynee Groseth, President Emerita MSU Alumni Assoc.; Rolf Groseth, MSU Billings Chancellor; and Matt Caires, Dean of Students
- 10:00-12:00: Strengths Assessment with Amy Snyder, Assistant Director of Residence Life
- 12:00-1:00: Lunch with advisor and faculty guest
- 1:00-2:00: Guest Speakers- Janell Barber from The Office of Institutional Equity, Hannah Stark and Joe Schumacher from the VOICE Center, and Rachel Randash from The Allen Yarnell Center for Student Success
- 2:00-3:00: Presidents/ IFC/ Panhellenic goal setting and round table discussion led by Panhellenic President Kenzie Redmond and IFC President Colton Coffee
- 3:00-4:00: QPR Suicide Training with Brian Kassar
The Fraternity and Sorority Leaders left prepared for and looking forward to a fantastic semester!
Pi Kappa Alpha had their second annual Cycle for Life, an event at the gym where individuals can cycle for an hour or more and donate money to blood cancer research in the process. The men of Pike are still counting up the total, but are proud to say it was a huge success overall! Lots of participation and donations from the Fraternity and Sorority as well as campus community. What a great cause!
Check out what else Pike is up to on their page
A few of the Fraternities and Sororities are in full gear this time of the semester preparing for their various philanthropies. Check ’em out:
- Pi Beta Phi Burgers for Benefits: Fuddruckers, April 5th, 6-8pm, raising money for the Pi Beta Phi Friendship Fund. Buy some burgers, play some games, have some fun.
- Pi Kappa Alpha Cycle for Life: Raise money while working out for Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Melanoma cancer research. Friday, March 28th, 11am-5pm
- Chi Omega Swishes for Wishes: Engage in some friendly competition and fun at the 3v3 basketball tournament, to raise money for Make-A-Wish Montana. Sunday, March 30th!
- Word on the street is that Kappa Sigma has something in the works as well- more details to come!
On top of fundraising and preparing for their annual event, Swishes for Wishes, they found the time to complete their Not In Our House Taskforce objective. Joe Schumacher and Hannah Stark from The VOICE Center had the chance to discuss with the women at Chi Omega what they do as advocates and educators, and how Chi Omega can contribute to a healthy change in our campus community in regards to violence on campus.
Thanks for your commitment to helping others, Chi Omega!
The Fraternity & Sorority Community is having a great valentines day!
Flowers are being delivered here, there and everywhere by AOPi and AGD as part of their “Flowers for a Future”, which is raising money for their separate philanthropies. People purchased flowers all week, to be delivered today to the individuals of their choice.
Chi Omega had a wonderful surprise this morning, with the men of Sigma Phi Epsilon singing them a custom edition of “Soul Sister” before making them breakfast. What a treat! Check out this video to hear the lovely voices of the Sig Ep men.
We wish a Happy Valentine’s Day to all! Hopefully you are as lucky as we have been to feel the love from such a great community!
Alpha Gamma Delta and Alpha Omicron Pi have teamed up this Spring for “Flowers for a Future”.
The purpose? To benefit both of their philanthropies, diabetes and arthritis research.
How can you be a part of this? Pre-order on the 10th and 13th, to have your flowers delivered to an on- campus location on the 14th. Find the booths in the SUB near the book store from 11-3 or in front of Montana Hall from 11-1. Flowers cost $2 for daisies or carnations $3 for roses ($5 for two).
What a great way to spread love this Valentine’s day with your support, donations and flowers!